Lottery Retailer Application Form
- Please complete in full and return the Lottery Retailer Application, along with pictures of the interior and exterior of your business, to the contact information at the top of the Application form.
- Applications are reviewed by the Lottery Review Committee and you will be contacted once the process is complete.
- IF APPROVED, the following are requirements in order to be a Lottery Retailer in Saskatchewan:
- Your business must be registered with Saskatchewan Information Services Corporation office. Contact the Corporate Registry Services at 1.866.275.4721 or visit their website at www.isc.ca. Any expenses incurred are the retailer’s responsibility.
- The applicant must provide Sask Lotteries with a $5,000 security deposit that will be held on account; payment options are: an irrevocable letter of credit from a banking institution of your choice, certified cheque/bank draft or an Interac e-Transfer. Depending if there are arrears on the account, the security deposit is returned (interest-free) when the business changes ownership/closes.
- The applicant will provide bank account information by completing the Authorized for PreArranged Payment Form that will be supplied to you, for the weekly lottery invoice amounts to be automatically withdrawn.
- The applicant will provide a criminal record check.
- The applicant will follow all the rules and regulations as set out by Sask Lotteries and Western Canada Lotteries Corporation with respect to the sale of lottery tickets.
- A power supply and adequate counter space must be allocated for the lottery terminal and its related equipment. A minimum of a two-foot-wide counter area is required for the terminal, printer and bar code reader. Also included is a customer ticket checker which is cabled to the terminal, will also require a power supply and can be counter or wall mounted within the business.
- After the lottery terminal installation, your account will be placed on a six-month probation period during which time projected annual ticket sales of $36,000 are required to maintain the terminal.
The Retailer commission structure is as follows:
- Retailer sales commission for lottery tickets is five per cent.
- Retailer redemption commission for redemption of winning tickets (up to and including $1,000) is two per cent.
Upon signing the Lottery Retailer Application, the applicant hereby certifies that there are not misrepresentations of falsifications in the information stated in the application. The applicant authorizes Sask Lotteries to obtain credit or general information reports about the applicant or any partner, officer or shareholder of the applicant which may assist Sask Lotteries in making a decision on this application.
For New Applicants:
- Complete all sections of the application.
- Attach pictures of the exterior and interior of the retail location to this application.
Change of Ownership
If a lottery retailer undergoes a change of ownership, a number of requirements must be met.
If your retail location has recently had or is in the process of a change of ownership please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and complete the necessary paperwork.